Kangkung Belacan/Morning Glory Stir Fry
A classic vegetable recipe enlivened with Activated Phenolics. You can put as little or as much red chillies and garlic into this as you like.
Prep and cooking time: 10 minutes. Serving: 4.
Get tasty new Activated Phenolics Recipes in your inbox! Sign up today!
- 500g kangkung (water spinach or morning glory)
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp
- 2 tsp Activated Phenolics
- 1 small onion
- 2 fresh red chillies, if desired
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 ml water
- Cut the kangkung into 8 cm lengths, separating stalks from the leaves.
- Chop the shrimp, onion, garlic, chillies into very fine pieces, then mix with Activated Phenolics.
- Add the shrimp paste and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Fry the chopped ingredients for a minute or two, until they are fragrant.
- Add the stalks and salt.
- Stir fry for a minute or two until stalks start to soften, mixing well.
- Add the water, mix in well, then add the leaves.
- Fry quickly, until the leaves are wilted. Taste and add more salt if desired.
Picture by Indradi Soemardjan http://www.indrani.net. Creative Commons license.