Honey Peanut Butter!
This homemade peanut butter recipe is so scrumpidiliumptious and easy that you'll wonder why you ever bought peanut butter in a jar! Activated Phenolics, sea salt, and honey give it an extra special edge that takes the flavor to the next level.
How many peanuts you put into a blender depends on it's size. For safety's sake, I put about in peanuts equal to about 1/3 of the size of the blender. If you have a small blender to work with, you may want to make this recipe in small batches.
Time to prep and cook: 10 minutes.
- 500 grams raw or dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Activated Phenolics
- 1/2 tablespoon sea or other salt
- If your peanuts are not roasted, spread them on an oven sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, moving them about halfway through.
- Place 350 grams of the peanuts in a food processor or blender. Blend on low for about a minute.
- Turn off the blender, and with a wooden or plastic spatula push the ground peanuts down from the sides.
- Add salt, Activated Phenolics and gula melaka and grind again for 1 minute.
- Again turn the blender off and push the ground peanuts down from the sides.
- Add the oil and honey and blend again for about a minute, then push the peanuts down from the side again. Continue this process until you get the smoothness you desire. If needed, add an extra teaspoon or two of oil.
- When you finally have the smoothness you prefer, add the final 150 grams of peanuts. Pulse once or twice, then check the consistency. Continue until you have the texture you want.