Fluffy Coconut Shrimp
This crowd-pleasing shrimp recipe uses Activated Phenolics to create a yummy batter that's big on flavor.
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes.
Get tasty new Activated Phenolics Recipes in your inbox! Sign up today!
- 1 kilo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable oil
- 80 (1 cup) grams Panko or other bread or rice crumbs
- 100 grams (1 cup) shredded coconut, not sweetened
- black pepper
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose or rice flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp Activated Phenolics
- Sweet chilli sauce, for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to medium high heat.
- Combine bread crumbs and shredded coconut and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together with Activated Phenolics.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dredge a shrimp in flour, dip into the eggs and Activated Phenolics mixture, then press lightly into the coconut and bread crumbs mixture so it sticks to the egg.
- Add the shrimp in small batches to the frying oil, leaving enough room so that the shrimp fry evenly and become golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain of grease on paper towels or a rack and serve with sweet chilli sauce.